BlueCard is a national program that enables members of one Blue Plan to obtain healthcare service benefits while traveling or living in another Blue Plan’s service area. The program links participating healthcare providers with the independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans across the country, and in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, through a single electronic network for claims processing and reimbursement. You may submit claims for patients from other Blue Plans, domestic and international, directly to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). Blue Cross NC is your sole contact for education, contracting, claims payment/adjustments and problem resolution.
IPP BlueCard Submission Process
- BlueCard IPP Host Medical Records Process Change
- BlueCard IPP Host Medical Records Submission Notice
- BlueCard IPP Host Unlisted Code Medical Records Instructions
IPP BlueCard Training Guides
- The BlueCard Program
- The BlueCard Program - Spanish
- Quick Tips for a Smooth Out-Of-Area Claims Experience
- Where do Labs-DME-Specialty Pharmacy Providers File Blue Card Claims?